Saturday, September 17, 2022

Did I Made the Right Decision?

In my previous blog post, I discussed the impact that well-known celebrities have on society. On these kinds of topics, I have an inclination to sort of voice my thoughts. Since opinions often result in fresh new ideas and most of the time an impact, I do enjoy reading others opinions. Aside from that, I want to discuss the value of voting in today's blog. We frequently acknowledge the significance of voting, but do we really? Let's think about some crucial questions that you might need to think about before casting your vote.

1). What matters to me the most and should be reflected in my vote?

2). Am I casting a vote in favor of or against something?

3). How do I envision the future for my community? How will my vote affect the next generation?

Do you know the answer to these questions? I surely do not know the full answers, but I can guarantee you that I do give these topics some thought because, as a society, we give power to a group of reckless politicians who are in charge of this nation. Voting may not be required by law, but it makes a difference regardless. The reason why you should acknowledge your vote is the cause of inflation and societal changes, among other things. Every vote has worth. I could honestly go on and on about this topic, but I'm curious to know what you all think about the key political topics of today. Do you believe that the government is to blame? Possibly the pandemic? Did we make the proper decision by allowing these politicians to rule our nation? While some of us do not have the ability or even the chance to make this kind of change, we cannot predict the impact that your vote may have in the future.

18 comments:

  1. Excellent questions!

    I further love your recognition and open-mindedness to solicit other people for their opinions for new ideas that may make an impact on your own thoughts :-)

    I read the materials from the Clark County Election Department summarizing the issues and the opposing perspectives and do a little research on my own. Since I work for Clark County, different department, I volunteer to man a polling site each election cycle. It's inspiring to see some folks who cannot walk unassisted make the effort to cast their vote in-person ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I casted my vote in person. Would people voted the other way if they knew what the outcome was. Do people regret voting for the people they did. This is why they only have terms in there position. Just in case we don't like what they do in office we can change them every 4-8 years. I cant wait till next election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could avoid voting altogether, I would. Nowadays, it seems that it doesn't matter who you vote for because once elected, they do the opposite of what they say they were going to. Sometimes, yes, we feel like we voted for the wrong candidate and wish things were different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much agree with your personal understanding and feeling about the election. I also believe that as a voter, we should respect every vote in our hands. This is not only a symbol of democracy but also an expression of power. Hope to have more communication with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear that you ask these questions? Yes, your vote does count in the county and state and makes a huge difference as to who we elect. For the younger generation don't give up on voting. Everyone believe it or not makes a difference in their community. Keep asking those questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like change happens at the state level. The upcoming election is important to me and I do push for my family members to vote being that I cannot. I do feel our votes matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This topic is very important. I believe that every vote counts, even if it's not for the party you are voting for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are excellent questions to ask. I do not think our opinions are actually heard because if so the Electoral College will count everyone's vote and not just the politicians sent to represent our states.This is why I don't vote because we are just for the Popular Vote over all the Electoral College technically makes the final call. Another reason I don't vote is because it is all I promise this or promise that then do the complete and utter opposite regardless of political affiliation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After passing my Intro to American Politics class I have learned the popular vote does not really matter. What matters is the electoral college they decide the actual winner of the Presidential election.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you ask these questions Roberto. I believe that every vote counts, and I am at the voting booth in person for every primary and general election. I believe that midterm elections are just as important as presidential elections. Like you said, "voting may not be required by law, but it makes a difference regardless."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming from first generation immigrant family. Government politics and over governing actions are similar world wide. whether you are from one party or not, in the world view, most of what happens to our society here in the states really has no impact when compared to the rest of the world. in short, all people from all countries do vote for who they want to govern their country, but just like here in the states, the small votes don't count. This is an excerpt from first hand experience. No gas lighting please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every vote matters. Political and societal factors definitely play a part as to why there are people who don't vote and it's very understandable. However, change does begin to happen when people take a stand for what they believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I have never voted before because I was not of the age. But now, I am not really sure who to vote for. I am in the Democratic party, but even then, I still do not know who to vote for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never voted before because I'm not sure who to vote for. But I also agree that every vote matters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for asking those questions. However, I do believe every vote matters; everyone can make a change in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Whether you think you can or you think you cannot, you're right" Henry Ford. Perception is everything. If a person votes because they feel their vote counts, then it counts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel that our votes do count, however I think that if you aren't prepared to do the research to make an informed decision your better off not voting at all.

    ReplyDelete